Michael W. McGivern
Email:Michael W. McGivern | Phone: 918-582-3655 | ISLN :1000917736
Michael W. McGivern joined the firm of McCormick Schoenenberger and Gish P.A. on July 1, 2020 at the time of joining the firm Mr. Schoenenberger and Mr. McCormick had retired. The firm name was changed upon his arrival to Gish McGivern, PA. Mike has 40 years of experience in the Workers Compensation area and practiced Worker Compensation Defense for thirty-two (32) years prior to being appointed as a Judge of the Oklahoma Workers Compensation Court. He was appointed after being vetted by the Oklahoma Judicial Nominating Committee and Oklahoma Sate Senate Judiciary Committee prior to his appointment by then Governor Mary Fallin. July 1, 2012.. Oklahoma moved to a Commission on Workers Compensation issues and upon expiration of his term on June 30, 2020 he retired from the bench. Mike has tried over five thousand Workers Compensation Cases as a private attorney and Judge during the course of his career.
Mike was inducted into the Nation College of Workers compensation Lawyers in 2018. He is a mediator for both the Oklahoma Workers Compensation Commission and Oklahoma Workers Compensation Court of Existing Claims. He has been a featured speaker for the Oklahoma Bar Association, Colleges and various other organizations in the Area of Workers Compensation. He is past Chairperson and Treasurer (2) for the Oklahoma Workers Compensation Board.
Areas of practice
- Workers Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- 1980, Oklahoma
- 1981, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- 1981, United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
Law School Attended
- Univsersity of Tulsa, Class of 1980, J.D.
- University of Tulsa, Class of 1974, B.S. Education
Associations & Memberships
- State of Oklahoma and Tulsa County Bar Associations
- Mike has over 25 published cases in the area of Workers Compensation in Oklahoma.